Sunday, October 14, 2007

Getting ready for Halloween

This is the coffin that Ryan and I made over the weekend. He's been talking about wanting to make one for the last few years...I'm not sure what that means. When I went to the hardware store for supplies, the clerk asked me if I needed help. I explained to her that I was looking for paint and hinges for a coffin that I was building for my boy. With a look of sympathy, she then clasped her hands to her chest and said that she was very sorry to hear that.

4 comments:

suzanne said...

Damn that's funny.

bren said...

Ryan, I'm scared already!

K2 said...

That's a fine coffin. I'll bet it will last for years. I think you should put Ryan in it on the lawn, closed, and have him jump out when people come for candy. Once a neighbor of ours dressed as a bride and lay under a pile of leaves. It worked great.

Kamala! said...

Well, K2, I'm assuming that was the plan rather than Ryan walking around the neighborhood dragging an obviously sturdy and probably heavy coffin! Also, cannot believe the hardware woman assumed you (Mark) were in to buy materials to build a real coffin for your deceased son! That's amazing!