Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Farewell beach visit with Rex and Roxy

Second photo: Roxy decide the brush is more fun than the waves. Happily she bounds through the tall, very tall grasses despite my calling her to come back the the beach.
Third photo: We abort our planned circular route, but return the way we came with Don calling and calling, hoping that Roxy will respond to his manly voice. Only when we start back up the road does she appear, oblivious of our frustration, just happy to have done her own thing. Don put her on a short leash, while Rex ran free until almost back to the car.
First photo: Everyone happily playing on the beach. Roxy plays in the waves.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I tried twice to put the photos in the right order....I put Don with Roxy on a leash first, brush on 2nd, and all playing on the beach 3rd and they still didn't come out right...the menahoonies are messing with me.

Kamala! said...

Roxy, Roxy, Roxy! I hope you had Suz and Mur sign a waiver.

Brenda said...

That would have relieved my mind a bit. Instead of tears of frustration I would have said that's the way it goes!

suzanne said...

I'm worried about taking her camping, but Mur says he'll be responsible for her. He thinks he can work hard with her on the "come" command with hot dogs, but I'm skeptical a hot dog bite would compare favorably with sniffing around a forest.

Brenda said...

I think that it may be worth a try, but I've been concerned about her in the woods, too. She did come out of the brush when we were leaving, so she must have been watching us even though we couldn't see her at all. I'm not sure she would have seen us if we had continued along the beach the way we planned. It will take some constant work to train her which needs to be done.