Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spring has sprung and summer is here!




Maggie likes to test the tomatoes & asparagus

double take
Hi Clansters,

Well, here is some more garden pictures! I really enjoy working in the garden, it's a great way to relax, not to mention all of the side bennies. I'm just glad to have it in before it hits 106-108 degrees this weekend.

I planted 7 different types tomatoes, 3 kinds of eggplant, wally wally sweets onions (which i'll be surpised if it makes it through the summer), 3 kinds of pototoes, 2 types of sqash, red & green bell peppers, cucumbers, artichokes, asspergrass (long for asparagus), broccoli, peas, beans, ananise and lots of different herbs. I've been trying to get it ready for the reunion this summer, and i have room for few more plants- does anyone have any requests?? i know the OZ will have fresh veggies and with M&G's and B&D's garden we should have some really tasty din-dins!


I thinking that one day we have a blasted from the past and dress has HIPPIES, maybe make some tie-tye shirts? I'm very excited to see everyone, it's been a long time! I can't wait!

Peace and Love
J

9 comments:

Kamala! said...

Wow-Looks amazing! I'm not sure I can pull off the hippie look, but tie dying would be fun.

elm said...

Beautiful garden! I love the Hippie idea! Yep, tie dying would be perfect. It should be good.

K2 said...

Tie dying takes a LOT of water. The artichokes look delicious.

elm said...

I am planning my hippie attire. I think it might be in the costume collection at the lake. Of course, the question is will it fit.

The worm is a beauty!

suzanne said...

I'm bringing the macrame supplies. While finishing up my felted purse yesterday, I also thought it would be fun to make those purses out of jeans, too. Doesn't get any hippier than that!

Awesome garden, bro!

bren said...

I have a skirt that Suzi embroidered for me in hippie days...I'll wear that.
Bren

Kamala! said...

AB-You still a skirt from"hippie" days-I'm impressed!!
Also, any lettuce, or will it be too hot by then?

Kamala! said...

I meant, of course, you can still wear a skirt etc. I sure can't.

jbird said...

Sorry Kamala but it's too hot in Redding for lettuce, Mom's garden has some and maybe the OZ will have some too.
I'm going to try some watermelons, canaloups(?) and honeydews.