Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Horrors of horrors! the munckins!


Yesterday when I went into the garden one of the rose bushes looked like it had a hair cut, but I wasn't sure. This morning I was sure. The leaves of the rose bushes were stripped, the sugar peas gone, the lettuce and strawberries nibbled, and my green beans were munched. I had had such a delicious meal last night of fresh potatoes and green beans (with lots of butter)....so good. Can you see where plants are munched? This is not good.

5 comments:

elm said...

Dreadful! It must have been a largish animal to do that much damage so fast. I have a huge collection of Japanese Beetles in soapy water, but they eat slowly.

I am doing battle with the mice again. They seem to learn, then the next generation gets caught, and they stop visiting for awhile.

I saw another animal, rather cute one, in my compost bin. It looked mouse like, but bigger. Yeah, now what do I do. Those traps look lethal, I mean to me they could be lethal.

Kamala! said...

It's probs a rat, Mom! Jim was home from work today and commented that we live in an urbsn environment cuz we have a new McMansion being built behind us forever, construction on the house across the street, and a tear down a few doors down. It's noisy!

elm said...

I know it was a rat!

How is the darling baby, how about a week 3 or is it 4 Picture?

Kamala! said...

OK, guys, this was posted on Sept. 22nd. Time for something new! How about pictures of MYla and Ryan?!

Mark said...

no way! When ever I hold mila for a picture I always feel embarrassed!!!